We may make alterations or additions to this policy from time to time.
Kinds of Personal Information and How It Is Collected
1. We do not assume any responsibility for the privacy or security practices of any other web sites which you may be able to access through our site, or for our customers’ level of compliance with our code.
2. We collect different information about you at different times such as;
a. Information we require to provide our services. When you first sign up or contact us for our Services, or when you make an inquiry about our Services, we collect information such as:
i. your name;
ii. home or business address;
iii. telephone number;
iv. domain name;
v. email address of your primary and secondary contacts;
b. Non-personally identifying information. The following information may also be logged for statistical purposes and for the purposes of marketing and advertising to you:
i. server address;
ii. top level domain name (.com, .gov etc);
iii. date and time of visit;
iv. page accessed;
v. documents downloaded;
vi. referring site; and
vii. type of browser.
c. We may track your usage of our site for reference and experience improvements once you have submitted an enquiry. We may use your information to measure your experiences of our products/services/website, improve or develop our products/services/website, and perform research/analysis.
e. If you respond voluntarily to any of our surveys or other interactive communications, we will collect those responses and use the information to improve the quality and range of our products and Services, together, “Personal Information”.
Purpose of Collection of Personal Information
3. We collect and use your Personal Information to best operate and improve the delivery of our Services to you. We will use your Personal Information to provide you with:
a. sales and technical support;
b. billing and credit control;
c. marketing, including special offers and promotions.
d. in the case of credit cards, to bill you for Services conducted;
e. monitor and address complaints, other feedback, and to resolve disputes;
f. other functions relevant to your Services with us.
4. You may stop the delivery or “opt-out” of future promotional emails, SMS messages and other forms of communication by unsubscribing at any time, or replying STOP to messages.
Disclosure of Personal Information
5. We will not disclose any Personal Information without your express consent, other than in the following circumstances:
a. if we are required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform with the laws, applicable code of conduct or legal process served on us in relation to our business;
b. to contractors providing licensed collections services, credit card payment processing and CRM services, who comply with our privacy and security policies;
c. if we sell our business or part of it; and
d. in extreme circumstances, to protect the personal safety of users of our Services, website, our staff or the public.
6. We may supply your Personal Information to third parties to perform services on our behalf such as:
a. market research and the distribution of marketing information to you (except where you have chosen to opt out of receiving this information from us);
b. assisting us with the purposes for which we have collected and use your Personal Information; and
c. the supply of Website design, SEO, Pay Per Click and other services.
7. Our relationships with such third party service providers are governed by our contracts with them which require them to maintain confidentiality of such information where such information is being disclosed to them.
8. In some cases, these third party service providers who we disclose your Personal Information to may reside outside of Australia. Those service contracts contain privacy and confidentiality provisions which are consistent with the Australian Privacy Law obligations.
Security of Your Personal Information
9. We maintain our data in a controlled, secured environment and take reasonable steps to ensure your information is protected from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
10. In the event that your information is subject to a data breach, we will comply with all mandatory statutory notification requirements.
11. We will destroy your information in circumstances where it is no longer required, unless required by law to retain the information.
12. You might provide Personal Information through your participation in chat sessions, email exchanges or in public forums such as our website, FacebookTM Group, SMS chat threads or other social media channels. This information may be public and immediately available to anyone who has access to such services. You should take care to only post information that you are comfortable to share publicly.
Accessing Your Personal Information
13. Under the Privacy Act, you have a right to access and seek correction of your Personal Information that is collected and held by us.
14. If at any time you would like to access or correct the Personal Information that we hold about you, please contact our privacy officer:
15. To obtain access to your Personal Information:
a. you will have to provide proof of identity to ensure that Personal Information is provided only to the correct individuals and that the privacy of others is protected;
b. you will need to be reasonably specific about the information you require; and
c. we may charge you a reasonable administration fee, which reflects the cost to us for providing access in accordance with your request.
16. If we refuse your request to access or correct your Personal Information, we will provide you with written reasons for the refusal and details of complaint mechanisms.
17. If you have a complaint about any aspect of our Privacy procedures, please contact our privacy officer. At all times, privacy complaints will be treated seriously and dealt with in a prompt and confidential manner.
18. If we cannot resolve the complaint to your satisfaction within a reasonable time, you or we may refer the complaint to the Privacy Commissioner.